NorthCrest provides several services in regard to the TSX Venture CPC program. The CPC, once trading on the TSX Venture Exchange, is a public company that has raised between $300,000 and $2,000,000 and has 24 months in which to do a transaction with an operating company or asset, (the Qualifying Transaction). The program is administered by the TSX Venture Exchange on behalf of the provincial securities exchanges.
- Principals of NorthCrest create new CPCs to have on the shelf, ready to find a transaction.
- NorthCrest assists companies/individuals in creating their own CPCs. and in some instances may become a founding director/investor too.
- NorthCrest provides the service of finding a CPC for a company and also working concurrently to get institutional broker interest in the concurrent QT financing.
- NorthCrest becomes the local champion to hand hold the company through the whole CPC process including interaction with the TSX, the sponsoring broker, the CPC, local securities legal teams, cross border legal teams and post QT IR firm selection. In select instances the Principal may also become a board director of the resulting issuer to provide Capital Markets expertise.
- NorthCrest becomes the Canadian arm of a US firm in the CPC process as described in 4 above, and could serve as one of the Canadian resident directors is required or suggested.
NorthCrest also offers a 1 and ½ Day workshops on CPC preparedness, for companies to examine whether they are truly ready for a CPC transaction, and if not, what items need to be accomplished to be ready. This is a low risk approach to have companies examine the CPC process as one of the many capital raising alternatives, without committing to any longer term engagement.